Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Amelie made a point of making a Valentine for each of us this year. She tells me, 'Mom, Valnetine's Day is my favorite because it's for the people I love.' I got all my scrapbook paper, pens, stickers, stamps and cut-outs out and she went to town. I gave her some ideas on her first one, but she did all the rest totally on her own. They each sat in their own gift bag, also decorated, along the windowsill next to her seat at the dinner table for a week. She handed them out on Saturday at dinner and realized she had not done Dad's yet. So, this afternoon, she set out to make the biggest and best for her Dad. She was so excited to give it to him when she was done, but he was napping. Finally, I told her she could go check and see if he was awake, but that if he wasn't, she could just leave it beside him. You should have seen the enthusiasm on her face! She loves to be creative and shre her love with her family!
I gave her a little gift of Tinkerbll lip glosses for Valentine's (the boys all got a little container of M&M's) and though she was a little sad that her gift wasn't chocolate (go figure), she has enjoyed them. However, after a few minutes, she turned to me and said, 'But mom, I didn't get you anything for Valentine's Day.' 'That's okay, Amelie, you don't have to get me anything.' "Don't look, Mom--I am going to make your gift right now.' She turned to her easel and drew two faces--one with glasses and one without. She wrote Mom over the one without and Amelie over her's. "Okay, Mom, now you can look--Happy Valentine's Day!' It was the sweetest gift I could have ever been given by this little angel.

1 comment:

Linsey F said...

What a cutie! She is growing up fast! How fun though...little girls are so sweet!