Wednesday, July 28, 2010

pulling a trailer

We just took the training wheels off of Amelie's bike (for the second time). Usually, she rides next to me when I do my daily bike ride~and she keeps up very well. Last night, I had the bike trailer attached and Tanner loaded up. Eric was going to stay with Dad and play his Playhouse Disney computer games. Amelie decided she wasn't ready to ride all the way to the store without training wheels, so we thought we would try Eric's bike--it's the same overall size--his seat is lower. Only, you need tools to raise his seat. So, we left it low and started out. About two and a half blocks later, she was lagging behind and admitted that it was too hard. So, we head back. And then Eric decided to join us. So, Eric sat in the seat behind me and Amelie joined Tanner int he trailer. Nothing like hauling over 125 extra pounds! It's amazing how even the slightest incline that you would never even notice in a car suddenly JUMPS out at you like a scarey monster. We did make it there and back--all in one piece, but Eric was so nervous in the seat behind me (only when I stopped and the bike would lean a little to either side) that he and Tanner traded places. We even added a good 10lbs. of groceries to our load on the way back. Luckily, it was a nice, cool evening. I definitely got my exercise in for the day!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Good for you! Are you trying to make the baby come faster? :)

Allen Family said...

No, though that doesn't sound like a bad thing at this point :) Just trying to follow the doctor's orders. The better I exercise, the lower my blood-sugars go and the better it is for baby's pancreas to get used to creating the correct amount of insulin.