Wednesday, July 27, 2011

IB Training




IB Training

Jim, Ethan and i have been in New Mexico this week for some IB training that I needed to receive. It has been awesome! I miss the other kids, but the training has been well worth my time. IB is the International Baccalaureate Programme. It is a wonderful program that offers students an opportunity to excel in many different areas--to become a well-rounded student, better prepared for university than any other program I have worked with. I could go on and on, but since I have limited time right now (I'll add more later), here is a picture for my kids of where I am at and another of Ethan and me on a hike up above the castle.
Here is a link to the United World College where I have been for my training. It is beautiful here. I believe if an American student wants to go to the UWC, they can apply to come for free. What an amazing opportunity that would be!

http://www.uwc-usa.org/default.aspx

1 comment:

Carlie said...

Kara- I hope you get this comment... this is the only way I could think to get a hold of you. Are you back from NM? Will you be home this weekend (Aug. 4)? If so, is there a chance I might be able to crash for a night? E-mail me, carlieann@gmail.com
Thanks, Carlie