Sunday, September 20, 2009

A new school year



This fall has brought some excitement with the new school year. A week and a half before school began, I was hired by Kalispell Middle School to teach two periods a day of French. I teach a seventh grade class and then an eighth grade class. It's only a twelve week class, so I just give them the basics and hopefully instill in them a love for the language and people--enough that when they have the chance, they will take French in High School.
Billy not only started seminary this year (the Book of Mormon!) but he is also in his first year at Flathead High School as a Freshman Brave. Mary started her Senior year as a Bravette, Amelie started kindergarten at Peterson Elementary and Eric started Joy School. Needless to say, it has been crazy busy and quite an adjustment to have so many activities going. Mary is the Varsity Volleyball Co-Captain and is truly tearing up the court with her kills, digs, serves and serve receives! Billy is doing a great job on the football field as a Defensive Back. He's a real hustler and a great asset to his team. He is also about ready to get his Eagle Scout stuff together, which is awesome! Amelie is in a free cross-country program run by a local bank. She will start basketball with the Parks and Rec program in October. I haven't heard yet if I am going to be coaching again, but I sort of hope so!
So all in all, the school year has been full of new and exciting events and we wouldn't have it any other way!!

4 comments:

Lisa Love said...

Wowsers you guys are busy but it sounds like you a happy bunch! Yuma misses you all. Every once in a while Lizzy will get a sad expression on her face and then say something like, "I miss Amelie. She is my best friend." She really remembers you guys. However, if she knew that Amelie was starting kindergarten without her, she would be even more sad! It was hard for her to accept that she must wait one more year for school.

Anna said...

Ah, how does one little boy get all that cuteness in one look! All of the kids look great - I hope they are all enjoying school.

Allen Family said...

Anna,
I asked Eric just yesterday, "How did you get to be SOOOO cute?" He just grinned and showed those cute little dimples and said "I dunno!"

Rebekah said...

Wow! My head is spinning! You are a super-busy family! The photos look great!